Grass roots sport to sporting excellence
We manage a mixture of 87 indoor and outdoor, sports and leisure facilities across Greater Manchester. These facilities provide the region with the infrastructure and support required for athletes of all experience levels and ages to excel and achieve their fitness goals, from grass roots to elite level.
Examples of the support we provide include:
- A range of back to sport activities for people of all ages, including badminton, tennis, netball, basketball and football
- Support to walking sports in Greater Manchester, including Walking Football
- A range of organised sporting events, including running and triathlons
- Leading water sports facilities at Hollingworth Lake, managed by Link4Life and at Salford Quays, managed by Salford Community Leisure
- Elite-level national facilities – a legacy of the 2002 Commonwealth Games – accessible to the community and managed by MCRactive