Be Well Wigan brings Wigan Council’s leisure and wellbeing services together to build a borough where people are healthy, active and happy.
The Be Well approach is person-centred providing our residents and communities with the opportunity and support to lead healthy lives, through an extensive and accessible health and wellbeing programme.
We offer a vast range of inclusive and accessible indoor and outdoor activities that help to inspire and support healthy lifestyles across all ages and abilities.
Be Well delivers the following exciting activities across Wigan Borough:
- Pool, gym and exercise classes across 7 leisure centres
- Weight management programmes
- Disability services such as supported gym and wheels for all
- Outdoor activities across green spaces and parks such as Haigh Woodland Park and Pennington Flash
- Water-based activities for individuals, groups and schools at Scotmans Flash
- Health improvement offer to support long term health conditions including cardiac and pulmonary rehab, pain management and prehab for cancer.
- Active Outdoor initiatives such as cycling, running and walking.
- Back to sport sessions to help people get back to team activities.
- Digital offer including online access to physical activity classes.