Through a variety of ways, Bury Leisure encourage local people across the borough to be more active, more often and support communities with adopting a happier, healthier, more active lifestyle.
Bury Leisure manage 3 Quest accredited sport and fitness centres, a number of community sites attached to local high schools and deliver and oversee fitness classes out in the community.
The swimming pool at Radcliffe Leisure Centre is a 25 metre demountable above-ground pool, the first of its kind in the UK. The pool can accommodate up to 80 people and provides a viewing area for around 40.
Also part of Bury Leisure is the I Will if You Will women and girls fitness movement.
Facilities and support services
Bury Leisure and other related local wellbeing services are on a mission to get everyone across the borough of Bury doing what they can, enjoying what they do and moving their mood.
To make this possible, as well as offering gym, pool and sports facilities, a broad range of other facilities and support services are provided. These include the following.
- Access to physical activity programmes – such as 0-5k and 5k-10k running programmes, led walks, school holiday sports camps and the annual Bury 10k and family fun run.
- Free personalised lifestyle support – to help people make changes in relation to healthy eating, weight loss and management, sleep quality, alcohol dependency and smoking cessation.
- Green Flag park – providing 321 routes, tennis courts, football pitches, multi-play ball zones, bowling greens, accessible walks and community-led events.
- Burrs Country Parks – a Green Flag park and destination park with an outdoor pursuits centre, showground, Caravan Club site and a halt for the East Lancs Railway.
- A growing pool of sports coaches, leaders, assistants and volunteers – to support community-led delivery of activities for people of all ages and ability.